Subject: Re: [boost] [random] Determining interest in Pseudo-Random Functions and Counter Based Random Number Generators
From: Keith Jeffery (Keith.Jeffery_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-27 15:08:02

-----Original Message-----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of John Salmon
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 1:26 PM
To: boost_at_[hidden]

I am co-author of "Parallel Random Numbers, as Easy as 1, 2, 3". which recently won the best paper award at the IEEE/ACM SC'11 conference.
I'm also co-author of the related Random123 library:

http://deshawresearch.com/resources_random123.html

My colleagues and I would like to contribute a similar library to Boost as well. This isn't just a "port" of the Random123 library.
Boost's focus on C++ allows for both simplification and clarification of the ideas in the paper and the original library. I've done a preliminary draft of some code that fits nicely into the existing Boost Random library. It's incomplete, but I think there's enough for folks to look at and gauge further interest. A zip file with a boost-like layout is here:

I am very interested in this library. Of course, I spend most of my development time in a parallel Monte Carlo application.