Subject: Re: [boost] PCL - Portable C++ Library
From: Christof Donat (cd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-10 10:17:41

Hi,

>>> The Qt developers don't want to.
>>

>> So I guess, you have asked them. That would be a reason to try and
>> produce
>> something new that can compete with Qt and fits better into the
>> standard
>> environment. Is there any interest in here to look into what we
>> could learn
>> from their design?
>
> Why would that be better? Does it make code using Qt easier /
> simpler?

The original issue was, that there is not a single place to look at and
get all the libraries you need. Boost could be a good choice for such a
place, but it still lacks a fiew things that are generally used in many
applications. I came up with Qt, because Qt solves a lot of those
issues, lacking many of those that boost solves. Since Qt does not
really cooperate well with STL and boost, I came up with the idea if it
would be possible to either help the Qt people move more towards the
standard, or take lessons from them to implement those features in a
more standard way.

I am not blindly advocating Qt here, though I actually do like it in
many cases. It was just what came to my mind reading the original
question. Actually I first was tempted to simply suggest to use Qt, but
that would not have helped with the real issue.

Christof

--
okunah gmbh                                  Software nach Maß
Werner-Haas-Str. 8                               www.okunah.de