Subject: Re: [boost] [git] neglected aspects
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-10 10:31:34

On 10 February 2012 15:01, Julian Gonggrijp <j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Note (1): my depiction of the current Boost workflow might be
> inaccurate. If you see a way to improve the image, please go ahead or
> let me know what needs to be changed.

You've actually over-estimated our process. We never do a complete
merge from trunk to release, just either cherry-pick changes, or do a
sub-tree merge. There are often long neglected changes in trunk -
which is a major problem with the current system.

> Note (3): while this image helps to explain my point in [1], it turns
> out from [2] that I didn't actually address Daniel James' point. I'll
> return to the testing issue in a new reply to [2].

Having thought about it a bit, it might be the case that I exaggerated
the issue. It certainly matters to me, but I'm not sure about other
developers. A lot of the newer libraries don't put much effort into
supporting the more obscure compilers.