Subject: Re: [boost] Can we use SVG (Scalable Vector graphics) for HTML Boostdocs?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-18 08:02:11

> 1 I'd like to have views on when we can disregard the Luddites and use
> SVG throughout?

Two other things to bear in mind:

1) The SVG's we have do *not* display correctly in IE9, some significant
post-processing of the HTML and SVG's would be required to achieve that :-(
2) The SVG's we have do not embed fonts (no idea how we would even do that),
so for now the SVG's are probably windows specific, and cannot be guarenteed
to display correctly elsewhere even with "decent" browsers :-(( The PDF's
of course are produced on the same system that produced the SVG's and embeds
the fonts making them display correctly anywhere (I hope!).

Cheers, John.