Subject: Re: [boost] TR2 is dead; multiple TR's coming instead
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-20 06:03:08

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> From: bdawes_at_[hidden]
>>
>> Evolution is also breaking work into parallel tracks.
>> Minor language tweaks that don't require rework of the current library
>> workload or is particularly complex on a track for the 2017 time
>> frame, while stuff that has a big impact on the library or is
>> otherwise complex or time consuming on a track for 2022.
>>
>> It isn't clear yet which track modules belong to. That may end up
>> depending on how many features get added.
>
> This may be slightly OT, but do you know which track concepts belong
> to?

Tentatively 2022, although experimental compilers are likely to be
available much sooner.

There is concern that 2017 is too soon for language changes that have
a major impact on the library and on users, and that C++11 changes
need to be fully implemented and absorbed by the community first.

> I have really been hoping that we don't have to wait so long for
> concepts...

Concepts work continues. See
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3351.pdf, A
Concept Design for the STL.