Subject: Re: [boost] [PREDEF] Review for the Boost.Predef library by Rene Riviera
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-27 14:20:59

on Sat Feb 18 2012, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/18/2012 8:08 AM, Joel Falcou wrote:
>> ===============
>> How to get it ?
>> ===============
>> Sources and documentation can be retrieved from http://tinyurl.com/73n6a3k
>
> You can also find the sources and docs in the sandbox
> <http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/predef/>. Browsable docs at
> <http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/predef/libs/predef/doc/html/index.html>.

One thing I don't see is any distinction between the target being
compiled for and the host on which the compilation is happening. You
could make an argument that no such distinction is needed, but in the
absence of such an argument I suggest changes like
BOOST_ARCHITECTURE_XXX => BOOST_TARGET_ARCHITECTURE_XXX

Also, when BOOST_TARGET_ARCHITECTURE_XXX is 1, shouldn't we also have

      #define BOOST_TARGET_ARCHITECTURE XXX

?

--
Dave Abrahams