Subject: Re: [boost] [config] std::unique_ptr, std::ref detection?
From: Philipp Moeller (philipp.moeller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-28 12:24:06

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Suppose I want to implement a shared_ptr constructor taking
> std::unique_ptr. To avoid breaking pre-C++11 compilers, I need to, at
> least, know whether <memory> contains std::unique_ptr. (I'd also like
> to know if there's std::ref in <functional> because the specification
> of the constructor uses it.) But the config library doesn't seem to
> provide a way. There's no macro for std::unique_ptr, and there's no
> macro for "generic C++11 compiler and library".

To figure out if a specific library has been installed I've use CMakes
try_run [1] to check if the compiler supports what I need and define the
necessary macros. Most build-system should support some
analogue. Although this is a build-only solution and might not be what
you are looking for.

[1] : http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#command:try_run

--
Philipp Moeller