Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] Meaning of BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_INITIALIZER_LIST
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-08 13:55:54

On Mar 8, 2012, at 10:32 AM, John Maddock wrote:

>> There's some serious weirdnesses in the logic of defining BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED; can you take a look at the STLPort configuration and let me know what you think should be done there?
>
> Shucks, not sure :-(
>
> My suspicion is that STLport had std::unordered_* for a while (inherited from the old SGI STL), then moved them into std::tr1:: and now back to std:: again.
>
> Of course the early versions probably aren't completely compatible with what ended up in the std either :-(
>
> I guess just remove the code that sets BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED here, and stick with the original plan, if that breaks obsolete STLport versions then too bad I guess….?

Done. Revision r77274
BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED is defined if either BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_UNORDERED_SET or BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_UNORDERED_MAP is set

John, there's a test that depends on gcc 3.1 that I'd appreciate you taking a look at.
        libs/config/test/boost_has_hash.ipp

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki