Subject: Re: [boost] [algorithm] aesthetic question about cxx11
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-10 12:25:31

Olaf van der Spek-3 wrote

> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM, lcaminiti <lorcaminiti@> wrote:
>> Then I think we can proclame Boost convention to be .[ch]pp for file
>> names,
>> CXX for macros, and cxx for directories (and also cxx for code symbol
>> names
>> other than macros?).
>
> Why cxx for dirs? Then we've got cpp for one path component and cxx for
> another?

OK, honestly the convention that would make the most sense to me (as long as
it doesn't break any exiting code) is cpp/hpp/CPP for everything files,
directory, and code symbols (including macros). But I'm happy to just pick a
convention and move on with my life ;)

I can't make the final call on my own-- Boost developers, what do you think
the convention should be here?

Thanks.
--Lorenzo