Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.ntree_container (bi_tree, quad_tree, oct_tree, etc ptr containers) Is there any interest in this?
From: Dan Walters (dan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-10 20:01:35

Hi all,

This is my current implementation of an oct tree that I am using on a
project I am working on. It is a templated oct tree which serves as a
pointer container. There is usage shown in the main() function at the
bottom of the sample.

http://codepad.org/yIAblSDN

Please bear in mind it is not fully optimized or std compliant, just put
together for a project but shows the intended basic functionality and
method.

Compatibility with boost geometry is a great suggestion. Again, I am
mindful of defining the boundaries of this library, but if it makes sense
then template specialization or utility code could be provided to use the
libraries together easily and elegantly.

k-d trees are very interesting, and if discussion found these potentially
useful enough, they would certainly belong in the same library.

I think, in any context, this should be thought of as a container library
above all else and would be potentially useful not just in game or geometry
programming, but open to use where ever useful, including as a memory
efficient pointer container for sparsely populated multidimensional arrays.

Best wishes,

Dan