Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Mercurial?
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 09:45:00

> You should have used rebase to refresh your repository, not merge :)
>
> Also when things are really starting to look bad, your best help are two
> commands "git reflog" and "git reset --hard" :)

Hmm strange - I never ran into something like that with SVN, where somebody
told me 'you should have done it this way and not that way' (and yes, before
you ask, I've had quite a bit of exposure to GIT myself).

Let's face it, GIT is a usability nightmare (IMHO) and it will not enable
anything we couldn't do with SVN (or with Mercurial for that matter) if we
only wanted to (IHMO, at least I still have to see somebody giving me that
use case).

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu