Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Mercurial?
From: Christof Donat (cd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 13:27:37

Hi,

> > I was using mercurial in a project a while ago. I as a command line user
> > was pretty happy with it, but our eclipse users where not. That may
> > have changed, since my experience is not really up to date. I have also
> > worked on a git project, but there we did not have eclipse users, so I
> > don't know how the well the eclipse integration works.
>
> There is now an eclipse plugin called eGit (http://www.eclipse.org/egit/)

Yes, back then there was also a mercurial plugin, which I don't think has gone
now. It is not about the existence of such a plugin but about its quality.
Maybe some eclipse users around here (and of course those using other IDEs)
can test either plugin and report about the quality they experience.

For me as a CLI user git as well as mercurial are fine.

Christof

--
okunah gmbh                                  Software nach Maß
Werner-Haas-Str. 8                               www.okunah.de