Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Mercurial?
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-21 09:25:12

On 03/21/2012 02:15 PM, Philippe Vaucher wrote:
>> But as this discussion evolves, I get the impression that it gets overly
>> complicated when more than one public repository is involved.
>>
> See how github.com handles it... I don't see what the problem is.

I am sorry to tell you that the described scenario is from using github :P

> There'd be one big central repository for boost, then a myriad of forks can
> exist if necessary and the maintainers would pick commits/patches from
> those forks as wanted.

Yeah ... right ... So those forks would be "private" public, right? What if,
if I as a user choose to not use the officiall repo, because it is not
maintained properly or because a feature is there i really care about, but
the maintainer doesn't want to integrate it properly.
I take it that those repositories would constantly rewrite history publicly?
How is that usable then?