Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Mercurial?
From: Martin Geisler (mg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-21 04:42:28

Beren Minor <beren.minor+boost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Sergiu Dotenco
> <sergiu.dotenco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 20.03.2012 10:56, Beren Minor wrote:
>> The interpretation of Google hits as a popularity measure is very bold.
>> The results you're mentioning can also suggest that Git users are more
>> likely to require additional support. In previous comments, which you
>> haven't read, it has been pointed out that the perceivable market share
>> does not correlate with how well a tool integrates with a system. This
>> is especially true when comparing Git and Mercurial.
>
> Let's compare open-source projects on Ohloh then instead of Google if
> you like it more http://www.ohloh.net/repositories/compare, but's it's
> not what I wanted to point out. As I said, I won't be able to provide
> any argument convincing everyone anyway.

Ohloh is a particularly bad statistic to use: I think they've crawled
GitHub and not Bitbucket and Launchpad (there are many more Bazaar
projects than the ones Ohloh list, and there are more Mercurial projects
than Bazaar projects).

--
Martin Geisler
aragost Trifork -- Professional Mercurial support