Subject: Re: [boost] DCVS vs CVS: call for constructivism
From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-23 06:55:20

> While I disagree with them (constantly learning new stuffs is part of a
>> developper's job imho), it's hard to tell them they're wrong, especially
>> since the people objecting are active maintainers.
>>
>> I strongly suggest to reconsider that wording. Accusing anybody not
> trying to learn new stuff
> is just rude.

I'm sorry my goal is really not to offend people. I tried to express the
current state: some people seem really against changing their workflow.
Probably that it has nothing to do with learning, even tho I'm surprised we
have to explain the DCVS advantages to people when this is a relatively old
concept that developpers should already be familiar with in my (ideal)
world.

That said, you're right, let's see what comes out of Beman's talk. It'll
probably remove a lot of FUD away and outline a more concrete migration
plan that people can focus their attention to instead.

Philippe