Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc]
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-23 14:38:39

> Whoa, that is very strange.  Do you have any insight into or even
> guesses at the reasons?

So... there were really 2 reason why Boost wasn't accepted as a
mentoring org this year.

First, GSoC was trying to bring in more new orgs, so there was more
competition. So, if you didn't have a stellar set up, you weren't as
likely to be accepted.

Second, our proposed projects list was disappointing. There were
really only two specific project ideas: one for Process and one for
Polygon. Obviously, that's not making the cut. I think if Boost
community wants to continue participating in GSoC, then we have to be
more pro-active about documenting project ideas.

If I had to judge, based on the amount of feedback I got this year
after soliciting proposals, I'd have to say that the community isn't
very interested in participating.