Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc]
From: ecyrbe (ecyrbe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-25 22:53:00

I think one area where we are failing is to get them really finished - and
reviewed. This is partly

> because it is difficult (nay impossible) to stop people biting off more
> than they can chew in the
> really very limited time available. It might be better to use GSoC to
> finished existing projects,
> especially those that have been reviewed and accepted but need final
> polishing, testing and
> documenting? (The latter might well be done by someone who didn't write
> the original stuff - and
> thus 'knows too much'). This obviously needs the active support of the
> original author, but if he
> doesn't have time, then this should be welcome.
>

>From an outside point of view, i do agree. I don't see a lot of Boost GSOC
projects completed. And that's really disapointing.
In my fileds of interests, i would love to see some libraries integrated
that deals with :

- large integer / large fixed point computation
- json parser/ writer
- xml parser/ writer like pugiwml
- crossplatform async file io for boost asio (not only for windows)
- xmpp/sip stack