Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Mercurial?
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-27 07:15:54

On 3/27/2012 5:54 PM, Philippe Vaucher wrote:

> To do that you first need to split the current repository where each lib
> has its own repository... making point 2 impossible or just too painful.
>
> Your workflow would be possible in a simple manner once we moved to git/hg
> where each lib has its own repository, which would be better imho (have
> lib-specific history instead of history from all the libs).

Ok, so if it can't be done with git-svn. Is there no other way
to do it then?

What you guys want is for the whole of Boost to migrate en-masse
to Git because it's the Git way? All or nothing? In one fell swoop?

I'm willing to migrate. I appreciate the benefits of a DVCS. I
can convince my fellow Spirit/Phoenix/Fusion devs to migrate.
But if you are telling me that I also have to convince all
the other Boost libraries to migrate en-masse, then that
is simply absurd!

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman