Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] Re: [scope_exit] trunk tests fail on sun compiler
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-01 19:43:03

Vicente Botet wrote

> Le 28/03/12 23:37, lcaminiti a écrit :
>> Vicente Botet wrote
>>> Good news. The regression test show now that a lot of test pass and when
>>> failing the reason is accessible.
>>>
>> Congrats :)
>>
>> Is there a reason in general not to use Boost.Test or this issue is
>> limited
>> to the Sun platform? In my libraries I used Boost.Test just for
>> convenience
>> -- I could just as easily catch the errors and return an exit code
>> instead
>> of using Boost.Test...
> IIRC Boost.Test doesn't works neither on cygwin.

I was able get Boost.Test to work on my Cygwin with GCC 4.5.3.

> I'm using <boost/detail/lightweight_test.hpp> which is really
> lightweight and works everywhere.
>
> Here it is a simple example
>
> #include <boost/thread/thread.hpp>
> #include <boost/detail/lightweight_test.hpp>
>
> int main()
> {
> boost::thread::id id = boost::this_thread::get_id();
> BOOST_TEST(id != boost::thread::id());
> return boost::report_errors();
> }

Thanks a lot Vicente! I've changed ScopeExit tests to use
Boost.Detail/LightweightTest instead of Boost.Test and now the tests give
sensible errors also on Sun :)

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/output/Sandia-sun-boost-bin-v2-libs-scope_exit-test-native-test-sun-5-10-debug-address-model-64-stdlib-sun-stlport.html

Next I'll either be able to fix these errors or mark the Sun tests n/a.

--Lorenzo