Subject: Re: [boost] [svn/git/hg] Support for modularization of Boost?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-04 14:26:40

Bjørn Roald wrote:
> On 04/04/2012 09:20 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> maybe
>> I would think that the testing/deployment process could
>> update/export each library from a different place without
>> much problem.
>
> Not very clear what testing/deployment process mean here, but I think
> this can work fine.

I had more specific thoughts on this but as it became clear that this
would be significant issue, I deleted them from my post to avoid
confusing things.

> However, I think there also should be simple ways of using subset of
> modules from boost without fetching them from a release of the
> complete thing.

This is the essential thing to me. I want to pick and choose
which libraries I want to download and install (subject
to requirements for pre-requisites) the combination of libraries
I want to install.

Also, I absolutley need to have library
by library usage/download statistics.

Basically, I want to eliminate the requirement that all boost
developers use the same repository/system. It can be
just as well left up to the developer which/what to use.

Robert Ramey