Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Inclusion of the Boost.Polygon Voronoi Library
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-10 10:21:39

Hi Andrii,

Andrii Sydorchuk wrote:
> It has been two years since I started development of the Voronoi library as
> part of the Google Summer of Code 2010.
> Finally I feel that the library is ready to become public and would like to
> request a review for the inclusion into the Boost.Polygon library.
>
> Features:
>
> - Robust and efficient implementation of the sweepline algorithm that
> allows to construct Voronoi diagram, Delaunay triangulation and medial axis
> of a set of points and line segments.

Your message arrived at an interesting time, as I was looking for a
Delaunay triangulation implementation yesterday and got depressed by
the quality of what I found elsewhere.

Although your email mentions Delaunay triangulation, the impression
that I get from the documentation (& code) is that you have not
implemented this. What is the position? My guess would be that this
is a more popular algorithm than the Voronoi diagram; there are also
more existing implementations that you could compare performance with
(q-hull, s-hull etc.).

Have you investigated how the output of your algorithm(s) could be used
as input to Boost.Graph?

One practical question: what version of Boost / Boost.Polygon does your
code require?

Regards, Phil.