Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Inclusion of the Boost.Polygon Voronoi Library
From: Andrii Sydorchuk (sydorchuk.andriy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-14 15:40:52

> Correction: those numbers are correct, but the PNG that I linked before is
> for approximately 1/4 of that data.
> Try it on your phone.

Ok, that explains things :).

Please compare it with q-hull and s-hull, and perhaps with whatever CGAL
> offers.

Looks like nobody wants to look at the benchmarks:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/gtl/doc/voronoi_benchmark.htm

I'm not hiding anything; I posted most of the code. But this test was not
> constructed as a benchmark, so don't read too much into it.

I suspect that the main difference between this test system and yours is
> the cache size.

Yes, you should be right. I just wanted to clarify for the users that
Voronoi is indeed fast.

 Have a look at how Boost.Graph does "bundled properties":
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/**1_49_0/libs/graph/doc/bundles.**html>

Thanks, I've read it and I like it a lot. However the main problem is that
mapping between input geometries and output cells is not one-to-one for
Voronoi of segments, because each input segment is treated as three input
sites (segment itself and both its endpoints). Nevertheless I am going to
investigate "bundled properties" a bit more.

Regards,
Andrii