Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Inclusion of the Boost.Polygon Voronoi Library
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-14 17:54:00

Andrii Sydorchuk wrote:
>> Please compare it with q-hull and s-hull, and perhaps with whatever CGAL
>> offers.
>
> Looks like nobody wants to look at the benchmarks:
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/gtl/doc/voronoi_benchmark.htm

Sure, I've looked at the benchmarks. They compare Voronoi diagram
generation with CGAL. I'm interested in Delaunay triangulation
generation, for which s-hull is possibly the fastest existing
implementation. I'd like to see a comparison with that.

> I just wanted to clarify for the users that
> Voronoi is indeed fast.

Fast is a relative term. The GPU in my phone can draw tens of millions
of triangles per second. Could this code supply triangles quickly
enough? Probably not. Faster is always better.

Regards, Phil.