Subject: [boost] [thread] Move semantics and deprecation
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-15 07:15:09

Hi,

I have updated Boost.Thread to make use of Boost.Move with some
significant improvements.

Up to now the boost/thread/config.hpp file made use of Boost.Move by
default.

#if ! defined BOOST_THREAD_DONT_USE_MOVE
#define BOOST_THREAD_USES_MOVE
#endif

After the discussion about deprecated features I think that it would be
more convenient to don't change the default for the next release and let
the users define this macro.

There are some tests that need BOOST_THREAD_USES_MOVE. I will either add
it explicitly on the test source code or define it when
BOOST_THREAD_VERSION==2.

What do you think?

BTW, unfortunatly I've considered that the preceding Boost.Thread
version was 1, while it was 2 (the first been the original one by
William Kempf). Should the breaking changes be included using version
BOOST_THREAD_VERSION==3? Anthony?

Best,
Vicente