Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Multiprecision Arithmetic Library
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-21 05:28:48

> I will send bibliographic references on the weekend

> to provide a literary context for the documentation.

Hi John,
Here is the Bibliography for much of my R&D on big numbs.
Don't know if you want it for the docs. But here it is anyway.

Best regards, Chris

J. Arndt and C. Haenel
"Pi Unleashed"
Springer, Heidelberg, 2001
ISBN 3-540-66572-2

F. Bornemann, D. Laurie, S. Wagon and J. Waldvogel,
"The SIAM 100-Digit Challenge: A Study in High-Accuracy Numerical Computing"
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics SIAM (TM), Philadelphia, 2004.
ISBN 0-898-71561-X

J. M. Borwein and P. Borwein
"Pi and the AGM: A Study in Analytic Number Theory and Computational Complexity"
John Wiley, New York, 1998
ISBN 0-471-83138-7, Paperback

R. Brent and P. Zimmermann
"Modern Computer Arithmetic"
Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2011
ISBN 978-0-521-19469-3

L. Fousse, G. Hanrot, V. Lefevre, P. Pelissier and P. Zimmermann
"MPFR: A Multiple-Precision Binary Floating-Point Library With Correct Rounding"
ACM ACM Trans. Math. Soft., Vol. 33, Issue 2
ACM, 2007

A. Gil, J. Segura and N. M. Temme,
"Numerical Methods for Special Functions"
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics SIAM (TM), Philadelphia, 2007
ISBN 978-0-898-71634-4

J. M. Muller
"Elementary Functions: Algorithms and Implementation", 2nd Edn.
Birkhaeuser, Boston, 2006
ISBN 978-0-817-64372-0

J. M. Muller, N. Brisebarre, F. de Dinechin, C. M. Jeannerod, V. Lefevre, G. Melquiond, N. Revol, D. Stehle and T. Torres
"Handbook of Floating-Point Arithmetic"
Birkhaeuser, Boston, 2010
ISBN 978-0-817-64704-9

C. M. Kormanyos
"Algorithm 910: A Portable C++ Multiple-Precision System for Special-Function Calculations"
ACM ACM Trans. Math. Soft., Vol. 37, Issue 4
ACM, 2011

D. E. Knuth
"The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 3 Seminumerical Algorithms", 3rd edn.
Addison Wesley, 1998