Subject: Re: [boost] [async] joiner RAII (was Re: [thread] Do we need thread_group now?)
From: Ivan Sorokin (vanyacpp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-21 18:54:39

On 15.04.2012 13:12, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

> Let me know if there is an interest to resurecting this project. I will
> comeback to as soon as possible to check it works yet and adapt it to
> the new standard interface.

Usually joining a thread is not enough. Sometimes, you need to tell the
thread that it should quit.

As long as we don't have standard way to tell the thread that it should
quit (something like PostThreadMessage(WM_QUIT)), RAII-joiner is only
applicable for threads that do some computations and quit.

Maybe we could have RAII-wrapper that destroys asio::io_service::work
and then joins the thread?