Subject: Re: [boost] [OT][RFC] standardized compile-time reflection
From: Roman Perepelitsa (roman.perepelitsa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-23 14:31:55

2012/4/20 Matus Chochlik <chochlik_at_[hidden]>

> Afterwards I discussed it with several people including
> Dean Michael Berris, who is the co-author of n3340 "Rich pointers"
> and is also interested in adding run-time (and static) reflection to C++.
> We've decided that we merge the ideas from my paper into his
> proposal (which has not happened yet and will probably take a while).

Compile-time reflection may be more inline with the spirit of C++,
specifically the preference of no-overhead abstractions. Be careful with
binding your work too closely with runtime reflection -- don't let it sink
your proposal. This might be even more dangerous given that both proposals
are quite heavy and will probably take years to mature.

Roman.