Subject: Re: [boost] [ICL] #6853: boost::icl::contains(NaN) returns true
From: Andrew Hundt (athundt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-07 13:37:42

> IMO it would seem reasonable and useful to 'support' NaN.
>
> (If you mean that an interval cannot be bounded by a NaN, and a NaN
> cannot be contained by any
> set?)

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind. I'm sure data sets with invalid
data points are fairly common across many domains, particularly in cases
where measurements are involved such as scientific data.

> But the library author is 'in charge' and Joachim obviously thinks it
> would be too complicated to do
> this, so probably we have to accept that for now.

Understood and agreed, I'm simply trying to facilitate discussion since it
seemed like an interesting and fairly reasonable use case.