Subject: Re: [boost] C++ Standards Committee membership for Boost?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-10 10:49:01

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think I'm directly concerned but I just have 2 questions that
> spawned while reading:
>
> 1. Boost would have one unique vote, whatever the count of boosters. Is my
> understanding correct?

Correct. That's always true; the giant corporations get one vote, too,
same as individuals who are members.

Since the committee works primarily by consensus, that isn't an issue.
And most of the technical votes are straw polls where anyone in the
room can vote.

> 2. What is a "booster"? An accepted library writer? candidate library too?

My definition of a "Booster" is anyone who has been participating in
Boost, and the admittedly vague definition of "participating" is very
broad, and goes far beyond library authors.

--Beman