Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request : Boost.Range Extension
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-29 11:44:22

Hi Akira,

Akira Takahashi wrote:
> Hi, Neil Groves and Boosters.
>
> OvenToBoost is a project that intend to add some features of Oven
> Range Library into Boost.Range.

First, congrats on getting things done!
I'm really looking forward to see oven-powered Boost.Range.

A few comments:
[Infinite ranges]
Boost.Iterator now has function_input_iterator which can be used
to represent infinite ranges. IMHO, function_input_iterator is not so
flexible and its implementation has some flaw:
Oven's infinite range does not have such an issue, right?

I think it's nice to start a new thread to introduce and discuss
oven's infinite range.

[Incompatibilities between Boost.Range and Oven]
Oven has some incompatibilities with Boost.Range.
For example, boost::as_literal is not the same as oven::as_literal.
It is oven::as_c_str that corresponds to boost::as_literal. To support
these oven functions, we need to introduce breaking changes.

So I'm also interested in the next version of Boost.Range, which might
introduce breaking changes and fully uses C++11 features :)

P.S.
Boost.Range has recently changed size_type from signed to unsigned.
(This is done only on trunk). Does this affect your library?

Regards,
Michel