Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request : Boost.Range Extension
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-29 16:49:15

Hi Akira,

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Akira Takahashi <faithandbrave_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Hi, Neil Groves and Boosters.
>
> OvenToBoost is a project that intend to add some features of Oven
> Range Library into Boost.Range.
>
> I'd like to request a review.
>
> Features:
> - Additional Range Adaptors (taken, taken_while, dropped,
> dropped_while, elements, elements_key, memoized, outdirected)
> - Extensions for using Lambda (regular function, regular operator)
> - Infinite Range (iteration function)
> - and additional range utilities.

Looks good. I certainly would be happy to moderate and include the approved
features into Boost.Range. I should be able to devote more time to
maintaining and improving Boost.Range from now on.

> Future Plan:
> I have written primary features.
> If these features are accept, I'd like to implement/add following features:
>
> - Range of Range Adaptors (concatenated, transposed)
> - Cyclic Range
> - Range Utilities for String

I have quite a list of features to add too, we should discuss these but
let's make sure we clearly focus upon the stuff that is ready first to give
it the best chance for making it into a release soon.

> Source Code:
> https://github.com/faithandbrave/OvenToBoost
>
> Document:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1682460/git/OvenToBoost/libs/range/doc/html/index.html
>
> Regards,
> Akira

This looks really exciting. I can't wait to make some big improvements
again to Boost.Range. I promise to do a proper informal review first and
try and help with the review process.

> Akira Takahashi
> mailto:faithandbrave_at_[hidden]
> site: https://sites.google.com/site/faithandbrave/about/en