Subject: Re: [boost] Status of Boost.Atomic?
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-30 04:16:40

> Does anyone know what the status of Boost.Atomic is?
>
> I remember hearing that Boost.Atomic was to be committed by the end
> of March, but now that we're backed up against the release, it
> doesn't look like Boost.Atomic is going to make it in to 1.50.0. Is
> there any chance that someone can push Boost.Atomic along and commit
> it to trunk so that it can finally get some exposure and possibly
> make it in to a release?

haven't heard from helge since he was planning to commit `end of march'
and therefore have serious doubts if the library will make it into boost
before it is obsolete.

> PS CLang 3.1 was released recently with with support for atomics, but
> the current version of XCode ships a dated version of CLang 3.1 with
> atomics disabled. This compatibility shim is going to be very useful
> during the C++11 transition.

gcc-4.7 seems to support atomics<> reasonably well, too ... these two
compilers are able to compile boost.lockfree without the need for
boost.atomic.

tim