Subject: [boost] From an user to developers
From: Oodini (svdbg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-08 12:01:08

Hello,

I am an user, and I am currently reviewing all the Boost libraries.

But for a common user, some needs are not satisfied in the libraries descriptions.

The Boost organization should compel the libraries authors to put in their documentation :

1. the history of all releases, with notes for each release
2. the motivation of their library
3. when they offer services similar to the ones provided by the STL, why did they feel the need to complete it, and what are the differences
3. for the relevant libraries, their status regarding the new features of C++11 (are they obsolete ? do they remain some differences ? ex : Array, Chrono, DateTime), especially the ones related to TR1

An homogeneous structure for the documentation would be welcome.