Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-19 19:01:24

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
[...]

> And of course I'm still smarting from having the BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS
> definition change while I wasn't looking to from what has always been
> documented in a way that makes some sense to something that
> I still dont' get.
>
> So I stand behind my suggestions.

Sorry, I've only been glossing over this discussion. Can someone please
clarify how BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS has changed, what specific change Robert
(and possibly others) find troubling, and what practical consequences this
has had or presently has? Ditto for boost::throw_exception.

(For the record, I've glanced at the blurbs on BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS within
Boost.Config and Boost.Exception and it's difficult for me to parse what
effect their differences have in practice, and it sounds like others have a
good idea what the problem seems to be.)

- Jeff