Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-19 19:34:51

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. <
jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > And of course I'm still smarting from having the BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS
> > definition change while I wasn't looking to from what has always been
> > documented in a way that makes some sense to something that
> > I still dont' get.
> >
> > So I stand behind my suggestions.
> >

> Sorry, I've only been glossing over this discussion. Can someone please
> clarify how BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS has changed, what specific change Robert
> (and possibly others) find troubling, and what practical consequences this
> has had or presently has? Ditto for boost::throw_exception.

The semantics of BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS have not changed.

boost::throw_exception was altered with the acceptance of Boost Exception,
to automatically make Boost exceptions derive from boost::exception. This
is an empty shell that enables the Boost Exception functionality. Robert
has no use for that functionality and sees the empty shell as overhead.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.