Subject: Re: [boost] [1.50.0] Release candidates available for testing
From: Jurko Gospodnetić (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-26 07:34:27

   Hi.

>> Ticket:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6027
>
> I don't know enough about this to say if this is the case here, but
> non-trivial fixes for long standing bugs aren't really appropriate for
> the beta period. Particularly if they change behaviour.

   I believe the release branch was open for bug fixes at the time.

   Also, I reported the patch to the newsgroup - both boost.devel &
boost.build (see thread 'Re: [boost-build] linking against pre-built
libraries').

   On the other hand - the patch is stand-alone and already stored on
the trunk so it is easy enough to revert if the release manager deems it
inappropriate.

>> Commits:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78937
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78938
>
> More changes than those were merged to release:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78941

   Yup, sorry for not listing them all here, but the rest are stylistic
changes/refactoring, added checking or changes to code that was not
getting run at all and brought the release branch version up to date
with the one on the trunk.

   Here's the exact list of equivalent trunk commits:
      https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78934
      https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78935
      https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78936
      https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78937
      https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78938
      https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78939

   I now updated the comment for the release branch revision [78941] to
include the exact list of corresponding trunk branch revisions and their
descriptions.

> Mostly whitespace changes? But the changes to 'make-unversioned-links'
> look significant.

   The change you are referring to comes from revision [78939] and is a
simple refactoring without any behavioural change (just removed some
duplicated crud). Also, the code in question was not getting run at all
before commit 78938 due to the syntax error that was preventing the
unversioned links from being created.

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić