Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51][Release] Short release cycle
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-29 07:14:06

On 29 June 2012 11:36, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> what's the policy for c++11-only libraries?
>>
>> I don't know. I guess the main issue is if it will be adequately
>> supported by our testers.
>
> me neither ... i guess no one knows, because i've asked this question
> before without getting any reply.

I'd take that as a yes. As long as you've asked on the development
list with a clear subject line, then you've given the community
sufficient opportunity to say otherwise. If you're not happy with
this, then maybe ask on the steering committee list? (Although, they
might not be happy with me for saying that....)

> * there is no policy about c++11 libraries, so i cannot merge
>  boost.lockfree into trunk by cutting the boost.atomic dependency

No, as long as your review manager is happy, you have every right to
add your library to *trunk* and it really is advisable to do so.

> * merging boost.lockfree now is too late, for the next release, as it
>  is not in trunk because of the reasons mentioned above. well, it is
>  not like it could introduce any regressions ....

Sure, I'm sympathetic as it sounds like you've been left in the lurch.
I don't know how the other release managers would feel about it though
so I can't promise anything.

Daniel