Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51][Release] Short release cycle
From: Tim Moore (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-29 07:15:07

On 6/29/12 6:56 AM, Stewart, Robert wrote:
> Tim Blechmann wrote:
>> well, i must admit, i'm kind of upset by the situation:
>>
>> * boost.atomic seems to be dead, at least helge does not
>> respond anymore and the library will probably be obsolete,
>> because once it is merged, all compilers will support
>> std::atomic
> That's unfortunate. There will be many using C++03 for years yet.

+1

I have to agree with Robert. We will be on older tool chains for the foreseeable future. We have a on-going need for a
portable supported C++03 atomic library and have been eagerly waiting for the boost.atomic to be released as a boost library.
It's disappointing that boost.atomic (as well as boost.lockfree) have been delayed for so long.

Regards,

Tim Moore