Subject: Re: [boost] [Lockfree] examples with clang
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-08 03:14:14

hi,

> I've been attempting to test Lockfree (while at the same time learning to
> work with boost from trunk, so bare with me I'm a bit new) using Clang 4.0,
> the version that will ship with Xcode 4.5. It appears that the
> preprocessor check is only for gcc. If I change:
>
> #if __cplusplus < 201103L

the preprocessor check is for the c++11 standard. the tests require an
implementation of atomic<>, as i don't want to show implementation
details in the examples. c++11-compliant compilers will provide a
correct implementation of <atomic>, but most implementations that i have
seen are not complete yet.
once boost.atomic is merged, i will use that instead, but until then,
the examples are more for reading than for compiling on your favorite
compiler.

cheers, tim