Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] Clang Darwin trunk Cray 8.0 and max_digits10 support - problem in config?
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-10 00:43:38

Hi Michel,

On Jul 9, 2012, at 7:28 PM, Michel Morin wrote:

> Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:
>> This is, I'm afraid, out of the test runners hands.
>> The issue is that clang (the same binary) works fine on these platforms
>> if we disable c++11, not sure why enabling c++11 triggers missing
>> cstddef header problems.
>
> That's because you use libstdc++ in a C++03 mode and
> libc++ (-stdlib=libc++) in a C++11 mode.
>
> 1. What's your system? Mac OS X 10.6?

Same failure pattern on both Darwin and Linux. Yes Darwin is:

      System Version: Mac OS X Server 10.6.8 (10K549)

> 2. Did you install libc++? If not, please install it. See the instruction
> "Get it and get involved!" at http://libcxx.llvm.org/ .

Sorry, missed this crucial step.

> 3. If you already installed libc++ but the error happens, then your libc++
> is not installed to the standard location. Could you check which directories
> are searched by clang (by compiling with "-v" option) and where your libc++
> headers are installed?
> If you don't want to install libc++ to the standard location,
> you can pass -IPATH_TO_YOUR_LIBCXX_INCLUDE_DIR and
> -LPATH_TO_YOUR_LIBCXX_LIB_DIR as clang's command line options
> to specify the location of your libc++.

The instructions suggest this:

To build on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), you need a helper library and header found here. cp cxxabi.h to /usr/include, and cp libc++abi.dylib to /usr/lib.

But I'm not a sysadmin so I can't write into those locations. Do you know if clang will work correctly if those files are located elsewhere?

> P.S. -stdlib=libc++ should be added to <linkflags>, too.

Ah yes, I probably forgot to add this, thanks for pointing that out.

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions, links, etc.. that really helps me out.

-- Noel