Subject: Re: [boost] Macro fo rBOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_MAX_DIGITS10 or useBOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_LOWEST
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-11 13:25:30

BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_LOWEST works as a proxy for BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_MAX_DIGITS10

but there are other new things added at CX11 too, so really BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_LOWEST turns out
to be a bad name.

John suggests renaming BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_LOWEST to BOOST_NO_CXX11_NUMERIC_LIMITS (and I
think this is a god idea to avoid adding the already long list of macros).

This macro BOOST_NO_CXX11_NUMERIC_LIMITS will then deal with the need for
BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_MAX_DIGITS10, BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_LOWEST *and* all the other items
added to numeric_limits at Cxx11.

Hope this is clearer now.

Paul

PS And if this is done, we will need to update the docs. I will do this if you wish.

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK
+44 1539 561830  07714330204