Subject: Re: [boost] Running the regression tests
From: Jurko Gospodnetić (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-12 09:07:54

   Hi.

> Btw, is it possible to specify multiple toolsets in the user-config.jam?
> According to the
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost.Build_V2/GettingStarted
>
> it seems to be possible, but I tried it without success.

   What exactly did you try and what were the results?

   user-config.jam, site-config.jam & project-config.jam are
configuration files loaded by Boost Build at startup (actually
test-config.jam as well but that one's kinda special). They may be used
to configure one or more different toolsets available on the system.

   For instance, a project-config.jam I'm using at the moment for
something contains:

> local cygwin-bin = "c:/PROGRA~2/Cygwin/bin" ;
> using gcc : 3 : $(cygwin-bin)/g++-3.exe
> :
> <archiver>$(cygwin-bin)/ar.exe
> <ranlib>$(cygwin-bin)/ranlib.exe
> ;
>
> using msvc : 9.0 ;

   As you can see - it can configure multiple toolsets. You can also
easily configure multiple versions of a single toolset (if supported by
the specific toolset you are configuring) as in:

> using msvc : 9.0 ;
> using msvc : 10.0 ;

   Or a toolset may support some customized initialization syntax, e.g.
toolset msvc allows attempting to autodetect available toolset versions
and configuring the toolset based on that automatically by specifying:

> using msvc : all ;

   Note that all this does not specify which toolset will actually be
used for your build. It only configures specific toolsets in case some
target needs to use them for its build. Usually this means that you
still need to specify the toolset on the command line.

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić