Subject: Re: [boost] Is there any interest in getting pseudo random number generation using preprocessor at compile time into the Preprocessor library?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-12 16:46:03

AMDG

On 07/12/2012 01:02 PM, Alexander Stoyan wrote:
> For example, a protected code has to be surrounded by
> PROTECTION_START(level) ... PROTECTION_END() macros, where 'level' is a good
> candidate for being random at compile time.

I don't have a clue what this macro does.

> In general, this feature is very
> useful for many code obfuscation mechanisms.

Like what? Is the preprocessor really
the best tool for obfuscating code?

> This is similar to __COUNTER__,
> though not everybody use __COUNTER__ but it doesn't make it useless.

In preprocessor programming it's not uncommon
to need /unique/ variable names, for which
__COUNTER__ works quite well. I just don't
really understand the need for a full PRNG.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe