Subject: Re: [boost] [date_time] Who is in charge?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-19 13:26:06

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 07/19/2012 02:06 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>>
>> At present is it nobody's job (or everyone's job?) and the result is
>> not really good enough.
>>
>> So if someone (or two) is willing to take on the task, and we have
>> reasonable confidence in them, we should 'appoint' them (and 'sack'
>> them if it goes badly). At least we can revert to some previous
>> known-ok-ish state.
>>

> Who is "we?" Someone still has to take responsibility
> for making these decisions, which brings us back to
> the original problem.

lol - that's absolutly correct. The title of the thread is
"who's in charge". The current problem is that no one is in
charge. The solution is to find someone who want's to be
responsable for the maintainence. I'm sure that if someone want's
to step forward and ask for the job, there's a good chance he'll
get it.

Note that this in no way precludes contributions of effort by
many others - that's what the trac system is for and it works
very well in my opinion. But this requires a "gatekeeper" which
is missing now.

In short - the system is fine - just find a new "gatekeeper"

Let's try an experiment. Nominations are now open for
new gatekeeper for for the date-time library.

Rules:

a) you can only nominate yourself.
b) nominations will close in two weeks.
c) after two weeks if there is more than one credible
nomination, somehow it will be decided who
get's this plum job.

Robert Ramey