Subject: Re: [boost] Progress on the tweener library (with Geometry)
From: Julien Jorge (julien.jorge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-25 01:55:59

Le Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:44:48 +0200,
Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim_at_[hidden]> a écrit :

> I believe that most tweener required operators implementations are
> available in boost geometry as algorithms?
> I think everything related to (Bezier) curves is missing though.
> Otherwise, using boost algoritms as implementation for unknown types
> looks like the way to go?

I have finally implemented single_tweener with the algorithms of
Boost.Geometry, and it works well; except for the simple case where
only a double value is tweened. It seems that the double type does not
fulfil the point concept of Boost.Geometry. Otherwise, I have been
able to apply a tweener to a custom coordinate structure and to a
boost::geometry::model::point<…>.

For the case of the double type, I guess I can find a workaround by
providing a specialized implementation for Boost.Geometry and keeping
the previous implementation for the general case.

I'm not sure to understand your comment related to Bézier curves. Do
you want to be able to use an equation of Bézier as the easing
function? Also, if we go in this direction, is there anything related to
Bézier curves in Boost already?

Julien Jorge