Subject: Re: [boost] Progress on the tweener library (with Geometry)
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-25 05:39:05

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Julien Jorge <julien.jorge_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> For the case of the double type, I guess I can find a workaround by
> providing a specialized implementation for Boost.Geometry and keeping
> the previous implementation for the general case.

Oh I see, the Point concept can work with types like double if it is
wrapped as bg::model::point<double, 1>. Not sure it's the best strategy to
deal with it but that's a possibility you could use for any type that is
not accepted by boost geometry, as a last resort conversion.
I guess you'll have to try different strategies see what's efficient.

> I'm not sure to understand your comment related to Bézier curves. Do
> you want to be able to use an equation of Bézier as the easing
> function? Also, if we go in this direction, is there anything related to
> Bézier curves in Boost already?

Boost Geometry currently doesn't provide bezier curves AFAIK even if there
have been work in this direction.
I'll use this kind of algorithms, combined with steering behaviours, so
it's part of my specific needs, but if you don't provide it from the
beginning it's not a problem I can implement it myself. The use would be to
move something on a bezier curve (in 3D) using a tweener. It don't seem
hard to implement once you have something like tweener.

Joel Lamotte