Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51.0] Beta 1 release candidates available
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-01 20:53:07

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 08:37:20PM -0400, Tom Kent wrote:
> Could we change the directory that is packed into the zipped archive to be
> the same as the archive name? For example, if we have
> boost_1_51_0_beta1_rc1.tar.gz the directory name should be
> boost_1_51_0_beta1_rc1 not simply boost_1_51_0_beta1.
>
> The only reason I ask is because my build script expects it...if there's
> good reasons for making rc's have a different archive name I'm open to it.

Ooh, the folders inside are explicitly named? That's nice.

I asked explictly for the explicit naming of archives during the last
beta cycle. It's _very_ frustrating having to verify every single
boost_1_50_0 tarball you encounter until the end of time, just because
you might at some point in time have grabbed a RC.

I would very much like it if the unpacked directory was marked or
labelled somehow, either by name or by additional content, the more the
merrier.

It really sucks running into content you cannot tell if it's the real
deal or a prerelease with lots of amusing bugs and quirks.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]