Subject: Re: [boost] IDE for developing Boost
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-06 06:51:25

Müller
> Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 6:03 AM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: [boost] IDE for developing Boost
>
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for recommendations for developing Boost, especially code in the graph library.
>
> At work, most developers (not for Boost, for some commercial software), most developers are using
> Eclipse. This works quite fine as soon as it has properly auto-discovered include paths etc.
>
> But before fiddling around with Eclipse to get all the settings right, I'd wanted to to ask for
your
> recommendations. And maybe there are already settings available to make it "just work", at least
initially.

I've just started using NetBeans (netbeans.org) on Windows having also used it on Ubuntu.

(As title hints, it was designed for Java but it is also designed to work for C++).

Seems promising but I haven't had enough use to give a definite recommendation.

Seems a hassle to get a recent compiler like g++ 4.7 or Clang on Windows (default is gcc 3.4.4).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK