Subject: Re: [boost] IDE for developing Boost
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-06 09:07:18

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 11:51:25AM +0100, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> Seems a hassle to get a recent compiler like g++ 4.7 or Clang on Windows (default is gcc 3.4.4).

You can trivially acquire a gcc-4.7+ or clang-3.x from mingw-w64, or a
gcc-4.6-ish from TDM.

Whether they and their gdb meshes into the ad-hoc madness interfaces
that GCC-using IDEs, that's a different thing of course.

They work reasonably well for me with Qt Creator which I resort to when
I have to do C++.

Eclipse CDT was utterly about a year ago, with multi-second pauses as
you type into a C++ source file, eventually resulting in
"internal error while displaying internal error".

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]