Subject: Re: [boost] [Review.Coroutine] Some comments
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-08 14:05:39

>>> moveable-only - I mean to derive from boost::noncopyable

>> I'm lost. How this can help here?

> I was thinking about to make coroutine deriving from
> boost::noncopyable and not moveable-only.
> Then I could refactor coroutine that it does not need
> to allocate memory for inner classes.
> The user can decide if the coroutine instance is allocated
> on the stack or in the freestore and which technique is used.

Well, if it were my design, I would make coroutine non-copyable
and simply forget about all the related troubles of copy semantics.
Furthermore, I would entirely avoid the use of dynamically allocated
resources and a coroutine allocator.

But, of course, I am predominantly interested in using coroutine
in embedded systems that lack a heap and benefit from the predictability
of statically allocated resources. As you already mentioned
in various communications, though, we can work on a lightweight
embedded version in the future.

Whatever you do, keep up the good work!

Best regards, Chris.